Thursday, June 03, 2010

China

Arrived in China yesterday and made my way to the hotel, N had arranged for a driver. As N was busy with work, well in another city altogether I think! I went for a walk around the block by myself and found this vegie garden in the middle of Beijing and just had to take a photo of it for my baby brother.

Today I went on a big adventure all by myself as N once again was off on work stuff (on the fast train, exciting). I took a taxi to Tiananmen Square, so different from when I was there last time. Huge TV screens erected in the Square which really spoils it IMHO.


Then for a wander around the Forbidden City. I spent quite a long time there before heading off out the Western Gate for a look around.






A bedspread in one of the display rooms



Looking back at the Forbidden City

Very early start tomorrow for our flight to Xian! The start of our adventure!

0 dear friends have dropped by .......:

Post a Comment

Thanks for calling in. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond either by email or through the blog. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...