Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Melbourne

Well as promised back to tell you all about my fantastic birthday weekend in Melbourne.

First we went on an animal safari, no not really (we were intent on shopping) but these elephants were scattered all over Melbourne, they were so cute.

This could be an ad for Sussan but really me with the elephant lol



Then MBBIM took us all out for a lovely family birthday tea at a Greek Restaurant in Moonee Ponds but don't ask me the name :(

Here we all are at the table, so great for so many of us to get together - a rare event.


Just look at my birthday cake - yummeeee!
I was so spoilt, Richard and Jenny made sure I had the best weekend!

Sunday we went for a stroll down to St Kilda and look what was waiting for us. Years since I have actually come over on this boat! In fact my GD reminded me of the trip we did to Melbourne on the way to take her home when she was a lot younger!


Come on out you penguins we are waiting here!!

How cute are these little buttons that were part of my happy birthday from MBD. Where she finds these things I do not know but I love them...

Now here are a couple of little things I bought, I found the cute lttle brooch below at the Japanese fabric shop in the Nicholas Building  - you climb up these steps thinking you are going in the back of beyond and suddenly there are lovely shops! The other fantastic shop there is a vintage haberdashery called l'uccello, I didn't buy anything but browsing was heaven.


I also bought this little sugar bowl in a fantastic shop near Victoria Markets. I love it, so cute.


Thanks to everyone for such a great weekend. So good that MBD and GD could come down from NSW and we were looked after so well by MBBIM and MBSILIM.

2 comments:

  1. lovely photos of your trip to Melbourne! Did you take that sunshine back with you? I don't remember seeing it here for ages.
    Love those elephants and your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:14 am

    And what a lovely time and pleasure it was. But you didn't show a picture of the funny fish I bought you at the St Kilda markets. have you put him in a pond yet?

    YBBIM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for calling in. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond either by email or through the blog. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...