Thursday, June 06, 2013

Cherry Shed sewing day

Last Saturday I set off REALLY early to pick up Faye for a day at the Cherry Shed in Latrobe with all the quilting bloggers or are they blogging quilters?   Here are some of the beautiful quilts bought along for show and tell.  I am in awe of the awesome talent,  aren't these just beautiful! Don't you just love those owls?

  The friends in stitching group and material girls had been very busy making a surprise quilt for Christine.  As you can see she absolutely loved it.  What a lovely thought,  I forgot to take a photo of the label but you can see it on Sarah's blog.
 

There was plenty of chat, eating and a bit of sewing.  The Cherry Shed is a fantastic venue, we get the upstairs area all to ourselves, we are waited on by the lovely staff and the food was delish.  It is a long drive but Faye and I talk so much we don't notice the time pass and of course there is always the compulsory stop in Campbell Town for coffee and maybe, just maybe cake.  It was fantastic to meet up with everyone from all over the State;  Swansea, Burnie, Penguin,  Launceston and George Town .... oh and of course Hobart.

OK I confess, I also went to both Patchwork shops while I was in Latrobe and managed to buy these lovelies from Wells, Latrobe. Wonder what I am going to make with them. My secret and I'm not telling... 
 
 
Thanks Vicki for organising again, I had a great day. Be back soon to show the sewing I did on the day.

1 comment:

  1. Bloggy meets are amazing aren't they.
    some lovely show and tell.
    Sounds like you had as much fun as we did sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for calling in. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond either by email or through the blog. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...