Monday, June 10, 2013

Long weekend

We had a holiday in Tasmania today so enjoyed a 3 day weekend.  It gave me a chance to get some things done in the garden that I have been neglecting for quite some time. 
I decided to get serious about the weeds. Just imagine me running around with this on my back, I can see the weeds quaking lol.
 
 
As well as spraying I also spent quite a bit of time pulling weeds out as well. How come they keep growing through winter!!!

While out in the garden I found these flowering away so picked a few to brighten up the kitchen.

 
Love this daisy in my garden,  not so long ago I cut it down to the ground,  now flowering beautifully, such a sunny flower for winter.

 

Saturday night I went to my Greatniece's 21st birthday dinner.  We had a lovely time with family and Emily's friends, have to say it was an early night for me but the girls did the rounds of the nightclubs :)
 
Emily and James (+ her present from me)
 
My nephew Jason came over from Melbourne for his niece's birthday. here we are at the dinner table. 
 
I also managed to get some more done on my Wish quilt stitchery but have to admit I am up to a part that I am not enjoying. Do not like doing the basket!
 
 
So nice to have a long weekend to enjoy. Hope you had a great weekend doing all the things you like to do as well.

0 dear friends have dropped by .......:

Post a Comment

Thanks for calling in. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond either by email or through the blog. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...